Sunday 23 November 2014

Top 5 ICW Wrestlers

With the ever increasing popularity of ICW and the recent(ish) release of ICW On Demand I thought I'd do a top five of the Glasgow based wrestling company's wrestlers.

5. Wolfgang,
Wolfgang is one of the crowd favourites and one of mine obviously. He's one of the largest and strongest of the wrestlers as well as having a very impressive amount of agility for a big man. One of his signature moves involves him picking up another wrestler and throwing them into the crowd.


4. Joe Coffey,
Joe Coffey is known as the 'Iron Man' of ICW hence his Iron Man style face paint. I've been a fan from before I was supposed to be, back when he was a bad guy in a tag team with Mark Coffey. I loved the way The Coffey Brothers looked like American wrestlers. Today he is truly awesome, being the epitome of metal as he comes to the ring playing Iron Man by Black Sabbath on the guitar. He's also always one of the best ICW wrestlers to watch.

 
3. Jack Jester,
Jack Jester is one of the most loved of all the ICW roster, he's one of the faces of the company. He's famous for his hardcore matches and his battles with Drew Galloway are legendary. His theme tune is also the music for ICW's shows online and on TV.


2. Grado,
What? Grado isn't number one? Grado is the other face of ICW and although I think he's awesome he's not my favourite. He's loved by all the ICW fans and for good reason. He is quintessentially Scottish, he is basically The Rock of ICW (The Scottish People's wrestler). He knows how to work a crowd, this can be seen at ICW shows as hundreds of metalheads sing along loudly and proudly to Madonna's Like A Prayer.


1. Mikey Whiplash,
Everyone that has read my blog regularly (if anyone) knows I love a good psychopath and Mikey Whiplash is one good psychopath. Another thing I love is cool face paint and that's another thing Mikey Whiplash has. He's also a great wrestler in general and he's always a pleasure to watch with him being able to utilize most wrestling styles in the ring. I loved the way he was when he was a good guy and love it even more that he's back as a dark character again. The way he came back to ICW (carried to the ring in a body bag and "brought back to life" by a ritual) was flawless. I do love a wrestler that has their opponents terrified.

No comments:

Post a Comment